I’ve had this Day Tab die byKaisercraft for soooo long I thought it was about time to break it in. The latest Seize the Birthday challenge with optional Rainbow toppings was the perfect theme.Continue reading
I love to try and combine more than one stamp set in a card because lets face it…we all have a few more sets than is practical!!! For this card I used WPlus9 Wishing You and Stamping Bella Scribbled Garden.Continue reading
I’m going to make sure I play along more with The Male Room card challenges as I find masculine cards a bit tricky to put together. Surprisingly this one was pretty straight forward…phew! This fortnights challenge is multiple layers. I based the colour scheme on the background cloud patterned paper.Continue reading
Fun to create a river fishing scene for a recent customer birthday card.Continue reading
I’m very excited to announce I am joining the Design Team at AAA Birthday Challenge. I still can’t quite believe I was selected and they have an amazing team of designers to give you inspiration for each monthly challenge. There is still time to play along with the June Challenge “Use Water Colours”.
This months challenge is Using Watercolours so I had a play with some metallic watercolours and Inktense Pencils which you can use like watercolours.Continue reading
Excited to be guest designing for the fabulous Uniquely Creative Stamp company and having a play with the Sloth Pals Stamp Mini Kit that was released recently. Decided to pull out my Prismacolor Coloured Pencils for this card.
- The stamp set is Sloth Pals. I stamped them on paper suitable for using coloured pencils using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Cut out with matching dies.
Prismacolor colours used: Scarlet Lake/Crimson Lake, Orange/Poppy Red, Deco Yellow/Canary Yelloe, Yellow Chartreuse/Apple Green/Olive Green, Light Cerulean Blue/True Blue, Violet Blue/Ultramarine, Parma Violet/Lilac
- Dry embossed the natural cardstock with the Sprinkles stencil (included in the mini kit).
- I left the stencil in place and spread Heavy Gel Gloss medium over the stencil with a spatula. This is a white gel that drys transparent so it gives a subtle background to keep the focus on the coloured images.
- I cut down some Uniquely Creative patterned paper for the banner and applied a strip of green foil tape at the bottom.
- Using some of the same patterned paper behind the background layer of the card unifies the colour scheme.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
Handmade by Pip
Still playing with the Sloth Pals Stamp Mini Kit from Uniquely Creative but this time using copics. I added the Wreath Builder Elements stamp set also from Uniquely Creative.
- The stamp set is Sloth Pals. I stamped them on cardstock suitable for copics using Momento Rich Cocoa. It’s a gorgeous brown, one of my favourites. Images cut out with the matching dies.
Copic colours used: W0, W1, W3, W5, E00, E11, E23, E33, E57, E59
- Using Distress Oxide Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio I blended the colours in a circle.
- I laid out the sloth images so I knew roughly where I wanted to stamp the leaves from the Wreath Builder Elements stamp set. I used Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Just Green for the leaves.
- The berry images were stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed with Zing Rouge embossing powder.
- With the sloths laid temporarily in their final position, I selected a circle die that was just smaller than the outer edge of the blended green background. Holding the die in place I drew random lines and dots around the edge with a Red Glitter Kaisercraft Gel Pen.
Tip: As Distress Oxide Inks don’t dry instantly I needed to check that the embossing powder was only going to stick to the stamped images and not to the rest of the background. To check if it’s dry sprinkle some embossing ink over the cardstock and tap off. If it sticks to the background it’s not dry enough yet.
- The Sloth Pals Mini Kit comes with four laser cut words. I stamped on top of the word with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Zing Metallic Copper Embossing Powder. I did this twice to give a thicker and smoother finish.
- I love to place a stamped sentiment in an interesting position so using my Mini Misti I curved the Happy Birthday around the edge of the circle. It is stamped in Altenew Velvet ink.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.