Australia has been in my thoughts alot lately due to the wild fires threatening so much of the country. This card is quintessential Aussie to me. It is made using products from the fabulous Uniquely Creative Stamp company .
Used images from two stamp sets – Good Onya for the Kangaroo and Eucalyptus Branch for the eucalyptus. I stamped them on alcohol friendly cardstock (I use a either Spectrum Noir or Hammermill cardstock) and coloured them with copics.
Diecut images with matching dies.
I knew I wanted to have a subtle background so once I had laid out the coloured images on a square card base I was able to work out where I was going to stamp the background leaves.
The branches are then stamped with Altenew Inks.
Once stamped I then adhered the images with dimensional foam tape.
Ink blended three Distress Oxide ink colours – Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold – over Strathmore Bristol Cardstock and cut out Mama ElephantHooray word die.
I scanned the die cut with my Scanncut and created an offset cutting file to create the shadow background. You could also do this my hand. I cut this out of Moonstone vellum and adhered the die cut to the vellum with Glossy Accents.
This is my latest card that I’ll enter into the Color Throwdownchallenge #554. I’m really enjoying incorporating stickers from a recent purchase but also making my own embellishments with what I have already in my supplies “a la scrapbooking” style.
Excited to be guest designing for the fabulous Uniquely Creative Stamp company and having a play with the Sloth Pals StampMini Kit that was released recently. Decided to pull out my Prismacolor Coloured Pencils for this card.
The stamp set is Sloth Pals. I stamped them on paper suitable for using coloured pencils using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Cut out with matching dies.
Dry embossed the natural cardstock with the Sprinkles stencil (included in the mini kit).
I left the stencil in place and spread Heavy Gel Gloss medium over the stencil with a spatula. This is a white gel that drys transparent so it gives a subtle background to keep the focus on the coloured images.
I cut down some Uniquely Creative patterned paper for the banner and applied a strip of green foil tape at the bottom.
Using some of the same patterned paper behind the background layer of the card unifies the colour scheme.
Using Distress OxideLucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio I blended the colours in a circle.
I laid out the sloth images so I knew roughly where I wanted to stamp the leaves from the Wreath Builder Elements stamp set. I used Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Just Green for the leaves.
The berry images were stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed with Zing Rouge embossing powder.
With the sloths laid temporarily in their final position, I selected a circle die that was just smaller than the outer edge of the blended green background. Holding the die in place I drew random lines and dots around the edge with a Red GlitterKaisercraft Gel Pen.
Tip: As Distress Oxide Inks don’t dry instantly I needed to check that the embossing powder was only going to stick to the stamped images and not to the rest of the background. To check if it’s dry sprinkle some embossing ink over the cardstock and tap off. If it sticks to the background it’s not dry enough yet.
The Sloth Pals Mini Kit comes with four laser cut words. I stamped on top of the word with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Zing Metallic Copper Embossing Powder. I did this twice to give a thicker and smoother finish.
I love to place a stamped sentiment in an interesting position so using my Mini Misti I curved the Happy Birthday around the edge of the circle. It is stamped in Altenew Velvet ink.
Trying to enter more card challenges this year and so far going well. This card was created for the current AAA Cards CAS Game #132. The challenge was to use up to one third of the card front and optional twist of ‘Masking’.
I received my first subscription from Uniquely Creative –December stamp kit based in Australia and used two of the stamp sets – Standing Strong and Garden Fairies.
Stamp images on preferred cardstock with appropriate ink. As I was using Inktense Pencils I needed cardstock that could handle a small amount of water and I used waterproof ink from Versafine Claire in Nocturne.
See masking steps below to see how I placed the snail in front of the flower.
Colour images with preferred medium. Flower coloured with Fuschia and Mauve. Snail coloured with Willow, Baked Earth, Bark and Indian Ink. Background coloured with Iris Blue and Bright Blue.
Stamp “Bloom” with Versamark clear ink and sprinkle with Zing Blue metallic embossing powder.
Shake off excess powder and heat set with heat gun.
Stamp rest of sentiment in Stazon ink – great for vellum.
Masking technique using a Misti
Stamp image you want in the foreground.
Stamp image again on asking paper and cut out. Place on top of first stamped image.
Position background image stamp over top of masked image to get alignment correct. Pick up stamp with Misti door.
Stamp background image.
Remove masking paper…ta dah!
Cut image panel down.
Wrap sentiment vellum around cut down panel and secure at back with tape.
Adhere panel to coloured cardstock with double sided tape.
Adhere panel to casebase with ATG gun or your preferred adhesive.