Trying to enter more card challenges this year and so far going well. This card was created for the current AAA Cards CAS Game #132. The challenge was to use up to one third of the card front and optional twist of ‘Masking’.
I received my first subscription from Uniquely Creative –December stamp kit based in Australia and used two of the stamp sets – Standing Strong and Garden Fairies.
Stamp images on preferred cardstock with appropriate ink. As I was using Inktense Pencils I needed cardstock that could handle a small amount of water and I used waterproof ink from Versafine Claire in Nocturne.
See masking steps below to see how I placed the snail in front of the flower.
Colour images with preferred medium. Flower coloured with Fuschia and Mauve. Snail coloured with Willow, Baked Earth, Bark and Indian Ink. Background coloured with Iris Blue and Bright Blue.
Stamp “Bloom” with Versamark clear ink and sprinkle with Zing Blue metallic embossing powder.
Shake off excess powder and heat set with heat gun.
Stamp rest of sentiment in Stazon ink – great for vellum.
Masking technique using a Misti
Stamp image you want in the foreground.
Stamp image again on asking paper and cut out. Place on top of first stamped image.
Position background image stamp over top of masked image to get alignment correct. Pick up stamp with Misti door.
Stamp background image.
Remove masking paper…ta dah!
Cut image panel down.
Wrap sentiment vellum around cut down panel and secure at back with tape.
Adhere panel to coloured cardstock with double sided tape.
Adhere panel to casebase with ATG gun or your preferred adhesive.
Hey Ho…welcome back. A fun card using Hero Arts ‘Woodland Creatures‘ and ‘Little Florals‘ (both older stamp sets).
This was started as a one layer card with some ink blending for the background and a small bit of masking to stamp the flowers. The flowers were stamped with Memento Blue ink as I wanted to colour them with copics. I added Couture Creations Liquid Drops 3d Pearls to the centres of the flowers but decided I wanted a bit more interest so I sprinkled glitter over the top while it was still wet.
I had previously stamped and coloured all the images from the stamp set but didn’t use them all. I adhered them in layers, some added directly to the background and others layered with foam adhesive to give some dimension. Finally, added some extra elements – the butterfly trail and the dots for the ground.
Have you heard the Buzz? This is my entry for the current Color Throwdown#ctd456. A new stamp set from Honey Bee Stamps ‘Busy Bees’ with the matching sentiment set ‘Bee-You-Tiful’.
I started with stamping the background with the Concord & 9th ‘Stripe Builder’ and Altenew Crisp Dye Inks and practised my plaid background designs. I then simply stamped the images I wanted to use, coloured them with copics and cut them out with my Brother Scan n Cut. I popped the images up with various heights of foam adhesives to add extra dimension.
The extra little dotted flying lines and a few mini jewels in the centre of the flowers finish it off.
Handmade by Pip
Stamps: Concord & 9th, Honey Bee Stamps
Inks: Altenew Crisp Dye Ink
Cardstock: Base Cardstock Advance A4 300gsm Long Grain Laser, Fabriano Illustration 250gsm