Well it’s February already and time for shouting out Happy Birthday in a large format.
Congratulations to our guest designer this month – Helen. Pop over to the AAA Birthday blog to see what Helen has designed for her guest spot for this months challenge and be inspired by the rest of the Design Team cards.
One of my favourite stamp companies is Avery Elle and I recently purchased this yummy “Cake for All Seasons” stamp and die set.
- Avery Elle Cake for All Seasons stamp and die set
- Altenew Bold Uppercase Alphabet dies
- Create a Smile Birthday Dies 3
- Distress Oxide Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender inks
- Copic markers
- Delicata White Shimmer ink
I love the pull out my Altenew alphabet dies to create large sentiments. I decided to leave the Happy just diecut out of white cardstock and add the birthday diecut out of copic coloured cardstock to match the colour scheme.
- I ink blended an ombre background with the three distress oxide inks onto smooth cardstock.
- These were simply coloured with copic markers and die cut with the matching dies. I think it is a vanilla cake with chocolate icing (dotted with white gel pen). The donuts were dotted with white gel pen, macarons had glossy accents sprinkled with a sparkly confetti and meringues a few dots from pink metallic gel pen. Adding these little extra touches gives a bit of dimension and interest to the scene.
- I adhered all the images with varying thicknesses of foam tape, glue dots and adhering directly to the background. Note the small clusters are arranged in odd numbers 1 (can 1 be a cluster???), 3, or 5.
- To add a bit of extra oomph to the background I stamped the stars from the stamp set using Delicata White Shimmer ink.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.