July is here already and a great new theme for this months challenge…create a 3D card. If you pop over to the AAA Birthday blog you will see the amazing 3D cards the Design Team have created and a special welcome to Rachelle as this months guest designer…she has created another STUNNING card this month to inspire you.
- My Favorite Things – Up in the Air Stamp Set
- Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Card Pop Up die set
- Derwent Inktense Pencils
- Amercian Crafts Shimelle Sparkle City patterned paper
- Hahnemuhle Brittania Hot Pressed Watercolour paper 300gsm
- Stamp images onto watercolour paper and colour with inktense pencils.
- Die cut with matching dies or fussy cut.
Pop Up Box
- Using the Pop up box die set from Lawn Fawn I cut the pieces for the box out of patterned paper. This paper has some stylised clouds printed on it so it suited the theme of the card.
- As the patterned paper has the pattern on one side only I sponged the edges of the plain side with Distress Oxide ink in Tumbled Glass.
- Assemble the box according to instructions.
Adding floating images
- To give the illusion of the images floating in the sky I cut thin stips of acetate and attached one to the back of each image that were going to be floating. I use double sided tape. Make sure you make them long enough so they can stick up above the box. You can always trim them down if needed.
- Place more double sided tape to the bottom of the acetate and attach to inside box panels at various levels and angles. Some images are adhered directly to the back panel of the box so don’t need the acetate.
Note: To add perspective to the cluster of images I place the smaller images (balloons and clouds) towards the back of the scene with the large balloon and clouds at the front.
- Stamp Happy Birthday sentiment from set in blue ink.
- Adhere the houses and tree images to the front panel. I adhered some directly to the panel and the large house and tree with dimensional foam tape.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
2 thoughts on “AAA Birthday – Game #15 – 3D”
Oh how wonderful is your 3D card! Love the floating images and the whole concept of your little up in the sky scene is awesome.
LikeLiked by 1 person
What a gorgeous creation Pip – love your cheerful colours