This month we’re shaking up our card shapes so think outside the square…or rectangle! Welcome to our guest designer this month, Trina P. Pop on over to the AAA Birthday Blog and see Trina’s fabulous shaped card along with the rest of our amazing design team. We hope you’ll be inspired to join us.
- Uniquely Creative Cross Stitch Oval Nesting Dies
- Craft Creations Mega Oval Nesting dies
- Pink Paislee Horizons patterned paper
- LOTV DSB Rosie and Flower digi stamp
- Lawn Fawn Bannertastic Stamp and die / Happy Happy Happy Stamp and die
- I folded my card base in half and using a large oval die I cut out the shape for the card. By slightly overhanging the left hand edge of the die over the folded edge of the cardstock you can keep a partial folded edge so the card can open.
- I then used the same die to cut the patterned paper for the background.
- Then I used the cross stitch nesting dies to cut out the middle portion for the girl to be positioned in. I cut this out again out of white cardstock and coloured just the outside frame with copics and glued onto the patterned paper. The patterned paper was then adhered to the card base.
- The digi stamp is so cute that I just coloured it very simply with copics and cut it out with my Brother Scan n Cut machine.
- I decided to add the sentiment ribbon to the base of the card to give a bit more stability when it’s standing up.
- Apart from adhering the image to the card base all I had to do to finish was add a small butterfly to her hairband.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.