I made this card to enter into the current Seize the Birthday challenge #196 – Tic Tac Toe . I chose the first column of birds, one layer and a large sentiment. I have to say this card came together very quickly…probably because I didn’t overthink it (my usual cardmaking technique!!).
- My Favorite Things – Warm and Feathered Hugs stamp set
- Altenew – Halftone Smile stamp set
- Lawn Fawn – Happy Happy Happy stamp set
- Distress Oxides – Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade
- Zing Embossing Powder – Rouge
- Copics (see colours below)
As this is a one layer card I had to do some masking to add the image and sentiment to the cardstock. I also needed to protect the owls as I knew I was going to ink blend the background after the stamping was completed. Decide which elements you want on on top and stamp that first.
- Stamp owls on cardstock then stamp again onto masking paper (I use full stick post it notes). Cut out owls stamped onto masking paper and place over images on cardstock.
- I then ink blended the background with the four distress oxide colours. Keep the masks in place.
- Stamp “Smile” on cardstock with Versamark Ink so you can emboss with powder, overlapping owls if needed.
Note: Steps 2 and 3 can be reversed. Just make sure you keep the masks on until you have finished step 3.
- Apply embossing powder and heat set.
- Spritz background with water and dry with paper towel.
- Peel off masks.
- Colour images with alcohol markers.
|Owls||E50, E21, E23, E25, E29|
|Scarf and Hat||R000, R20, R24, R29, R59|
- Stamp rest of sentiment with black ink.
- Cut background down if needed to fit red cardbase with a small margin.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
3 thoughts on “Sending a Smile”
How cute are the owls!!! Your card is so sweet! Love the red accents you added to the design!
Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
Brilliant one layer card! Your masking is amazing! I wondered how you got those perfectly coloured little birds onto the background, TFS the process and thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x
What a fun, and fabulous, card Pip – love it in it’s colourful simplicity