I made this card to enter into the current Seize the Birthday challenge #196 – Tic Tac Toe . I chose the first column of birds, one layer and a large sentiment. I have to say this card came together very quickly…probably because I didn’t overthink it (my usual cardmaking technique!!).
- My Favorite Things – Warm and Feathered Hugs stamp set
- Altenew – Halftone Smile stamp set
- Lawn Fawn – Happy Happy Happy stamp set
- Distress Oxides – Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade
- Zing Embossing Powder – Rouge
- Copics (see colours below)
As this is a one layer card I had to do some masking to add the image and sentiment to the cardstock. I also needed to protect the owls as I knew I was going to ink blend the background after the stamping was completed. Decide which elements you want on on top and stamp that first.
- Stamp owls on cardstock then stamp again onto masking paper (I use full stick post it notes). Cut out owls stamped onto masking paper and place over images on cardstock.
- I then ink blended the background with the four distress oxide colours. Keep the masks in place.
- Stamp “Smile” on cardstock with Versamark Ink so you can emboss with powder, overlapping owls if needed.
Note: Steps 2 and 3 can be reversed. Just make sure you keep the masks on until you have finished step 3.
- Apply embossing powder and heat set.
- Spritz background with water and dry with paper towel.
- Peel off masks.
- Colour images with alcohol markers.
|Owls||E50, E21, E23, E25, E29|
|Scarf and Hat||R000, R20, R24, R29, R59|
- Stamp rest of sentiment with black ink.
- Cut background down if needed to fit red cardbase with a small margin.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.