Another month, another game to play along with. This month it’s Tic Tac Toe, so lets see what you can come up with. Here is my take on this challenge and I’ve used the masculine, die cuts and patterned paper column.
- Katzelkraft – Australian animals
- My Favorite Things – Happy Birthday Circle die
- Whimsy Stamps – Comic Speech Bubbles die set
- Mama Elephant – Tags Alot die set
- M Craft – Stitched Stars nested dies
- Rosie’s Studio – Rub on sentiments
- Crafters Choice – Kids Play paper pad
- We R Memory Keepers – star eyelet
- Distress Oxide Inks, Bakers twine, Grey and Navy cardstock
- Before I started colouring the image I chose the 3 papers that I wanted to use. This would then help me decide which colours to colour the kangaroo.
- Stamp image onto cardstock and colour with alcohol makers, and fussy cut.
|Copic marker colours Used|
|B93, B95, B97, B99, E50, E21, R22, C1, C3, C5|
- I used the large tag from the Mama Elephant set to cut out the background paper.
- Then I used three sizes of the star dies to cut the other two papers. I wanted to make the grey star paper stand out a bit more so I die cut the largest size star in navy to layer behind the grey star.
- I blended Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire and Crushed Olive over white cardstock and cut smaller stars out.
- The Happy Birthday circle sentiment was die cut out of the Chipped Sapphire blended cardstock.
- I cut one of the speech bubbles from the Whimsy Stamps die set out of the Crushed Olive blended cardstock and added the “Make a Wish” rub on.
- I wanted to add a tie to the top of the background tag so I pulled out my We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile and eyelets and found a star eyelet in a similar yellow to the patterned papers. I added the bakers twine and stuck down the twine in a couple of placed with Glossy Accents.
- I adhered the tag to a grey stockstock cardbase and called it done.
Note: I think the trick to using patterned papers effectively is to add dimension to the layers by adhering with various thicknesses of foam tape, sticky dots and adhering directly to the card base.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.