This is my CAS (Clean and Simple) card for the current challenge #433 at Freshly Made Sketches.
- Avery Elle Peek-A-Boo Jungle stamp set
- Dina Wakley Leafy Stencil
- Your Next Die Panel Shapes
- Altenew Frayed Leaf, Forest Glade and Evergreen Inks
- Copics (see below)
- Lightly apply Frayed Leaf ink over the portion of the background where the design going to be placed.
- Place stencil over card base and blend Forest Glade over the stencil. Have a darker build up in the centre and fade it outwards.
- Using the larger rectangle shape, diecut through the background design. This will be where the sentiment is going to be.
- Stamp jungle animals onto copic friendly cardstock.
- Colour the animals with alcohol markers as shown below and cut out. I used by my Brother Scan n cut machine.
|E50, E21, E33, E35, E37, R02||YR00, YR02, YR12, YR14, E09||C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, R05, Blender 0|
- Stamp the sentiment onto the cut out rectangle from the background.
- I have it an ombre feel by using Forest Glade and Evergreen inks.
- Adhere background to cardbase.
- Pop up sentiment strip with dimensional foam and place into space left by the die.
- Adhere the three animals so they sit behind the sentiment. The two side animals were adhere directly to the background with glue. The middle animal was adhered using a thin glue dot to raise it up a bit. This adds to the dimension of the card. The feet of the animals were popped up even higher by using a thicker foam dot.
- I decided I wanted to add some leaves to the design so rather than colouring them with copics I stamped the outline directly onto the background with Forest Glade ink and then used the fillin stamp in Frayed Leaf. To add some faux dimension I then used a mixture of the neutral grey alcohol markers and Prismacolor cool grey pencils to add shading around the leaves.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.