The days are just rolling by as we deal with the Covid-19 pandemic. As it’s now May, it’s time for a new challenge at AAA Birthday. This month we want to see Things with Wings. Hop on over to the AAA Birthday blog and see what the Design Team have created and a special welcome to Enna as this months guest designer…she has created a STUNNING card this month to inspire you.
- Pretty Pink Posh Hummingbird Thanks and Flourishing Fuchsias
- Copic markers
- Kraft Cardstock – Hero Arts Brand for stamping and colouring and a generic brand for cardbase.
- Versamark Ink
- Prismacolor White pencil
- My Favorite Things Essential Sentiments stamp
- Ranger White Fine Detail Embossing Powder
- Stamp hummingbirds on copic friendly cardstock. Colour with copic markers. Fussy cut birds up to stamp line.
- Stamp fuchsias onto kraft cardstock with Versamark Ink. This ink gives an outline without a colour…just a darker shade of the underlying cardstock colour.
- Colour flowers lightly with Prismacolor white pencil.
- Brush anti static powder onto area where the sentiment is going. This stops any extra powder from sticking to cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment onto background with Versamark Ink. Sprinkle with the Fine Detail Embossing Powder and tap excess off.
- Heat set with your preferred heat tool.
- Adhere background to cardbase. I used a slightly darker coloured kraft cardstock for my base.
- Adhere the hummingbirds in position. I glued the bodies (leave the wings unflued – see next step) directly down to the cardstock and let the glue set for a minute or two.
- To give the illusion of flight to the birds I then placed a dimensional foam circle under the wings to keep them lifted off the paper slightly.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.