A shaker card for the current My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge. I’m in love with the Party Mix clay sprinkles from Loose Lemon crafts…a fabulous mix.
- My Favorite Things
- Happy Hippos Stamp Set (discontinued I think)
- Inside Out Stitched Circle Dienamics
- Craft Creations Mega Nesting Circle Dies
- Loose Lemon Party Mix Clay Sprinkles
- Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade inks
- Washi Tape, foam sheet, acetate
- Copics, glitter pens, Posca paint pen, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
- I arranged the dienamics stitched circles as in the sketch and cut out of white cardstock and also twice out of yellow foam craft sheet (this will build up the shaker element).
- I also die cut two circles out of acetate (slightly smaller than the outer circle).
- The white cardstock diecut was ink blended randomly with the three distress oxide inks.
- Glue the foam negative die cut layers together.
- Adhere one of the acetate circles on the back of the ink blended cardstock.
- Adhere the foam die cut layer to the cardstock and acetate layer.
- Add the sprinkles into each circle and then carefully adhere the second acetate circle to this (I used liquid glue for this).
- Set aside for glue to set (I put something with a bit of weight on top while the glue dries) so all layers are fully adhered together…this will stop those pesky sprinkles escaping…ask me how I know that!!!
Note: You could rub the inside of the shaker pocket with anti static powder to make the sprinkles move freely. I didn’t do this and you can see how some elements have stuck to the acetate (right hand photo above), but it also gives it a more dimensional look and these particular sprinkles still moved ok.
- After cutting my card base to size I used the same three oxide inks to blend over the background.
- This coloured washi tape worked perfectly for the background element from the sketch and is simply stuck directly to the cardbase.
- The sentiment is stamped with VersaClair pigment ink. I did cut the sentiment apart so I could shape it around the bottom of the circle. Don’t panic about doing this. You can still use the sentiment as originally supplied but it also gives extra ways to add it to your card. I only adhered the circle – with liquid glue – once the sentiment was stamped.
- Finally the images (pre coloured) were applied with foam tape and a few of the sprinkles were added to the front.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
Handmade by Pip
Loose Lemon Party Mix Clay Sprinkles
MFT Inside Out Stitched Circle Dienamics
Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio
Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade
Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass
One thought on “MFT Sketch Challenge #536”
This is gorgeous Pip – love it, and the shaker elements are so cute, and appropriate for the images you have used