Living in the Southern Hemisphere we…usually…have a hot Christmas. Here is my take on a summer themed Christmas card.
- Colorado Craft Company Ice Cream Day stamp set by Anita Jeram
- Concord & 9th Seasonal borders stamp set
- Uniquely Creative Christmas Sentiments stamp and die set
- Avery Elle Peek a Boo Summer Pals stamp set
- My Favorite Things Blueprints 27 die set
- Stamp tree border dies in three colours of green in the top third of the background. I used Altenew Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen.
- Ink blend distress oxide ink in Tea Dye over the bottom two thirds of the background.
- I used copics to create ground for the images to stand on and stamped some decorations in the Tea Dye ink for a tone on tone effect.
- The images were copic colours and cut out with my Brother Scan n Cut.
- The sentiments were stamped using Versafine Clair inks to match the colours in the images and die cut with either the matching die for the Merry Christmas or a flag sentiments strip die from the Blueprints 27 set.
- The images and sentiments were adhered with glue dots and foam strips. I used three different thicknesses to give interest to the dimension of the card. The ice-creams were meant to be xmas decorations so I also adhered some embroidery cotton as hangers.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
2 thoughts on “Wishing you a Sunshiny Christmas”
what a fun card Pip – love how you have combined the images to make this one, and you colour use is stunning.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks Maxine. It turned out completely different than what I had in mind…but I love it.
LikeLiked by 1 person