Welcome to the last challenge of 2020…we’ve all faced different challenges this year so I hope this theme gives you a chance to have a play with glitter, stars or anything that puts a “TWINKLE“ in your eye.
Congratulations to our September Animals and Critters challenge winner Claire. Pop over to the AAA Birthday blog to see what Claire has designed for her guest spot for this months challenge and be inspired by the rest of the Design Team cards.
To end this year on a high this challenge will be sponsored by Joy Clair. They are offering two $15 credits to be spent on digital products.
- Gerda Steiner Designs Moose Love stamp set
- Mama Elephant Girlfriends stamp set
- Taylored Expressions A New Leaf stencil
- Zing Copper embossing powder
- Tim Holtz Lucky Clover Distress Oxide Ink
- Three shades of green glitter
- Atelier Heavy Gel Gloss
- Versafine Clair Green Oasis pigment ink
- I mixed three shades of green glitter with some gloss gel and spread them over the New Leaf stencil to create an ombre effect. I made sure I used heavy cardstock (300gsm) to stop any warping. I also sprinkled the matching glitter over the top of the stencil to add a bit more ‘twinkle’ and used my spatula to press it into the glitter layer below. After carefully removing the stencil I put the background aside to dry.
- I stamped the moose (such a cute stamp set) with copic friendly ink onto cardstock and coloured it using E50, E51, E53, E55, E57, E59, V09 and RV21.
- I used my Scan n Cut machine to cut the image out.
- The sentiment from the Moose Love set was stamped on cardstock with Versamark Ink and sprinkled with Copper embossing powder. I heat set this and them cut out using a die. Then I sponged Lucky Clover ink around the edges.
- I wanted to add a couple of extra elements so I stamped and die cut two of the speech bubbles from the Mama Elephant stamp set and added the words OMG and YAY from the same set.
- I adhered the glitter background to the green card base and layered the moose and sentiments with various thicknesses of foam/glue dots to add interest to the card.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.