This is my entry for current The Card Concept challenge. I decided to try a Mixed Media style after watching some YouTube videos by Creations CeeCee and incorporated texture paste, watercolour and doodling. I was inspired by the baubles, the colour scheme (Is that navy in one of the candles?) and the filigree pattern. I also included the hand doodling to mimic the beads draped around the based of the candles.
- Gansai Tambi Watercolours Nos 67, 20, 47, white gold and red gold
- Canson XL Watercolour paper
- Da Vinci No 12 Brush
- Distress Oxide Tattered Rose ink
- Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste
- Kaisercraft Flourish Tree stencil
- Sunny Studio Stamps Retro Ornaments stamp set
- Delicata Golden Glitz ink
- Graphik Black Line Marker 0.2
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Loosely watercolour circles onto watercolour paper. I used the navy and dark grey as a base and then dropped in red gold and white gold respectively. I set aside this aside to dry naturally or you could dry with a heat gun.
- Once dry I mixed some Tattered Rose oxide ink with the modeling paste and spread over the stencil randomly in four places on the background. Once again I set aside to dry.
- Make sure everything is completely dry and start doodling. I did this in three places on the card making sure I doodled onto the baubles as well as the blank background.
- I hand drew the bauble strings and then decided to make each string look different.
- The final detail was the sentiment which I stamped in Golden Glitz Delicata ink. I used my stamping platform so I could stamp multiple times to build up the glorious golden colour.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.