Australia has been in my thoughts alot lately due to the wild fires threatening so much of the country. This card is quintessential Aussie to me. It is made using products from the fabulous Uniquely Creative Stamp company .
- Used images from two stamp sets – Good Onya for the Kangaroo and Eucalyptus Branch for the eucalyptus. I stamped them on alcohol friendly cardstock (I use a either Spectrum Noir or Hammermill cardstock) and coloured them with copics.
- Diecut images with matching dies.
- I knew I wanted to have a subtle background so once I had laid out the coloured images on a square card base I was able to work out where I was going to stamp the background leaves.
- The branches are then stamped with Altenew Inks.
- Once stamped I then adhered the images with dimensional foam tape.
- Ink blended three Distress Oxide ink colours – Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold – over Strathmore Bristol Cardstock and cut out Mama Elephant Hooray word die.
- I scanned the die cut with my Scanncut and created an offset cutting file to create the shadow background. You could also do this my hand. I cut this out of Moonstone vellum and adhered the die cut to the vellum with Glossy Accents.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.