AAA Birthday – Game #28 – Photo Inspiration

We have a beautiful photo to inspire you this month and we welcome Rachelle Oltean who is our guest designer for August.

We also have a special sponsor for August – Varada Sharma Digitals – and I’ve used her “A Corner in My Garden” slimline digi on my card. The winner of the August challenge will receive a $10 voucher to spend on Varada’s digi’s.

This is also my last card as a design team member and I’ve loved the two years I’ve had on the team. Such a great bunch of ladies.


  • Varada Sharma Designs A Corner in My Garden slimline digital stamp
  • Uniquely Creative
    • Arty Stripes stencil
    • Bunting Sentiments stamp
  • Copic Markers
  • Vellum
  • Zing Green and Blue metallic embossing powder
  • Ranger Gold embossing powder



I wanted to incorporate the look of the ruffles into my background so I used a striped stencil and ink blended with Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean onto the card base.

Flower cluster

So I probably made this part more complicated than what it needed to be but I had to change a bit as I was creating. I knew I wanted to use vellum that I coloured on the backside with copics.

I printed out the digi stamp on my laser jet, once onto cardstock and twice onto vellum. My trusty Brother Scan n Cut came to my rescue for the fussy cutting as I simply scanned the image and got the machine to cut the vellum images out. I also used my scan n cut to cut out the correct size slimline card layer.

I worked out how I wanted to layer the flower cluster and coloured them appropriately.

  1. Leaves adhered directly to cardstock – Snipped off the leaves leaving the two flowers joined
  2. Yellow flower – one layer popped up
  3. Pink flower – two layers
    • bottom layer is coloured with pink copics
    • top layer I just coloured the central part in the darker pink

Once the flowers were coloured I heat embossed the centres of the flowers.

I adhered all the vellum pieces using small dots of glossy accents. I didn’t want the individual pieces to be glued completely to the base. The flowers were just adhered at the centres using glue dots.


Before I adhered the cut out slimline shape to the card base I stamped and heat embossed the Happy Birthday onto the card base in blue.


I also ink blended lightly around the edges of the white background of the flower cluster layer with Salty Ocean. In the photo inspiration there is a tablecloth with flowers so I added small dots to represent this on the background…and with that I was done.

I love how this card turned out and I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.

Handmade by Pip

Sending Love to Australia

Australia has been in my thoughts alot lately due to the wild fires threatening so much of the country. This card is quintessential Aussie to me. It is made using products from the fabulous Uniquely Creative Stamp company .


  • Used images from two stamp sets – Good Onya for the Kangaroo and Eucalyptus Branch for the eucalyptus. I stamped them on alcohol friendly cardstock (I use a either Spectrum Noir or Hammermill cardstock) and coloured them with copics.
  • Diecut images with matching dies.


  • I knew I wanted to have a subtle background so once I had laid out the coloured images on a square card base I was able to work out where I was going to stamp the background leaves.
  • The branches are then stamped with Altenew Inks.
  • Once stamped I then adhered the images with dimensional foam tape.


  • Ink blended three Distress Oxide ink colours – Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold – over Strathmore Bristol Cardstock and cut out Mama Elephant Hooray word die.
  • I scanned the die cut with my Scanncut and created an offset cutting file to create the shadow background. You could also do this my hand. I cut this out of Moonstone vellum and adhered the die cut to the vellum with Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.

Handmade by Pip

Snail mail

Trying to enter more card challenges this year and so far going well. This card was created for the current AAA Cards CAS Game #132. The challenge was to use up to one third of the card front and optional twist of ‘Masking’.


I received my first subscription from Uniquely Creative –December stamp kit based in Australia and used two of the stamp sets – Standing Strong and Garden Fairies.

  • Stamp images on preferred cardstock with appropriate ink. As I was using Inktense Pencils I needed cardstock that could handle a small amount of water and I used waterproof ink from Versafine Claire in Nocturne.
  • See masking steps below to see how I placed the snail in front of the flower.
  • Colour images with preferred medium. Flower coloured with Fuschia and Mauve. Snail coloured with Willow, Baked Earth, Bark and Indian Ink. Background coloured with Iris Blue and Bright Blue.


  • Stamp “Bloom” with Versamark clear ink and sprinkle with Zing Blue metallic embossing powder.
  • Shake off excess powder and heat set with heat gun.
  • Stamp rest of sentiment in Stazon ink – great for vellum.

Masking technique using a Misti

  1. Stamp image you want in the foreground.
  2. Stamp image again on asking paper and cut out. Place on top of first stamped image.
  3. Position background image stamp over top of masked image to get alignment correct. Pick up stamp with Misti door.
  4. Stamp background image.
  5. Remove masking paper…ta dah!


  • Cut image panel down.
  • Wrap sentiment vellum around cut down panel and secure at back with tape.
  • Adhere panel to coloured cardstock with double sided tape.
  • Adhere panel to casebase with ATG gun or your preferred adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.

Handmade by Pip