Trying to enter more card challenges this year and so far going well. This card was created for the current AAA Cards CAS Game #132. The challenge was to use up to one third of the card front and optional twist of ‘Masking’.
I received my first subscription from Uniquely Creative –December stamp kit based in Australia and used two of the stamp sets – Standing Strong and Garden Fairies.
- Stamp images on preferred cardstock with appropriate ink. As I was using Inktense Pencils I needed cardstock that could handle a small amount of water and I used waterproof ink from Versafine Claire in Nocturne.
- See masking steps below to see how I placed the snail in front of the flower.
- Colour images with preferred medium. Flower coloured with Fuschia and Mauve. Snail coloured with Willow, Baked Earth, Bark and Indian Ink. Background coloured with Iris Blue and Bright Blue.
- Stamp “Bloom” with Versamark clear ink and sprinkle with Zing Blue metallic embossing powder.
- Shake off excess powder and heat set with heat gun.
- Stamp rest of sentiment in Stazon ink – great for vellum.
Masking technique using a Misti
- Stamp image you want in the foreground.
- Stamp image again on asking paper and cut out. Place on top of first stamped image.
- Position background image stamp over top of masked image to get alignment correct. Pick up stamp with Misti door.
- Stamp background image.
- Remove masking paper…ta dah!
- Cut image panel down.
- Wrap sentiment vellum around cut down panel and secure at back with tape.
- Adhere panel to coloured cardstock with double sided tape.
- Adhere panel to casebase with ATG gun or your preferred adhesive.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.