And there we go…another month gone by already. So many stamp sets to choose from made this months theme hard for me, but I finally decided to go for simple. This stamp set from Concord and 9th made it easy and then the next decision was colour! You can’t go wrong with a rainbow colour scheme.
- Concord & 9th – Furry Friends Stamp Set
- Tonic Studios – Love Arch Squares Die Set (discontinued I think)
- Altenew Inks – Blush, Rouge, Crimson, Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Citrus Burst, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Minty Mint, Sweet Leaf, Just Green
- I stamped each animal with a different colour range using “ROYGBIV” of course. I initially used six colours for stamping the animal but only ended up using the four as six was a bit busy for the clean lines I wanted.
- There are seven dies in the Love Arch Squares die set and each one works with the rest to create a combination of different die cuts. For this card I just used the hearts circle which only cuts the hearts out of the cardstock. I diecut this four times out of a piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock.
- I had precut the cardbase so I laid the die cut piece over the top and lightly marked where the heart circle was as a guide to inking the cardbase.
- I then applied the medium shade of each colour on the cardbase (Rouge, Peach Perfect, Maple Yellow, Sweet Leaf) with a blending brush.
- The Happy Birthday is simply stamped on the top panel with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
- Apply the die cut card to the card base with double sided tape. I could have popped this panel up but I wanted to add dimension with the animal heads so I adhered it directly to the cardbase.
- I adhered each animal with doubled up glue dots and each embellishment with small foam squares.
- I applied a small dot of Range 3D Pearl in gold on the top of the party hat and left that to dry.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.