And there we go…another month gone by already. So many stamp sets to choose from made this months theme hard for me, but I finally decided to go for simple. This stamp set from Concord and 9th made it easy and then the next decision was colour! You can’t go wrong with a rainbow colour scheme.
- Concord & 9th – Furry Friends Stamp Set
- Tonic Studios – Love Arch Squares Die Set (discontinued I think)
- Altenew Inks – Blush, Rouge, Crimson, Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Citrus Burst, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Minty Mint, Sweet Leaf, Just Green
- I stamped each animal with a different colour range using “ROYGBIV” of course. I initially used six colours for stamping the animal but only ended up using the four as six was a bit busy for the clean lines I wanted.
- There are seven dies in the Love Arch Squares die set and each one works with the rest to create a combination of different die cuts. For this card I just used the hearts circle which only cuts the hearts out of the cardstock. I diecut this four times out of a piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock.
- I had precut the cardbase so I laid the die cut piece over the top and lightly marked where the heart circle was as a guide to inking the cardbase.
- I then applied the medium shade of each colour on the cardbase (Rouge, Peach Perfect, Maple Yellow, Sweet Leaf) with a blending brush.
- The Happy Birthday is simply stamped on the top panel with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
- Apply the die cut card to the card base with double sided tape. I could have popped this panel up but I wanted to add dimension with the animal heads so I adhered it directly to the cardbase.
- I adhered each animal with doubled up glue dots and each embellishment with small foam squares.
- I applied a small dot of Range 3D Pearl in gold on the top of the party hat and left that to dry.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
6 thoughts on “AAA Birthday – Game #17 – Animals and Critters”
What a darling card with the background so unique!
What a wonderful card Pip – love that you have inked the base layer of card, then applied the die cut panel over that. A clever and very effective card as a result
Your animals are the perfect fit for those heart circle die cuts aren’t they? Loving your clean lines and awesome use of colour.
Thanks Jane. Yes it worked out well although I always look at it after and see a few things I would do differently…aah the joys of crafting 😋😁😁
I love how your background circles and critter match, so cute
Thanks Maaike 😍