I am entering this card in The Flower Challenge #47. It’s tricky to photograph sparkle so scroll down to the close up photos to get a better idea.
- Rachel Vass Design – Magnolia Background digital stamp
- Altenew – Doodled Dots cover die
- Copic Markers – RV10, RV63, V05, RV66, E55, E53, E57, G05
- Green Foil
- Wink of Stella clear sparkle
- Diamantes in three shades of purple
- Die cut green cardstock with cover die.
- The green cardstock was a bit bright so I toned it down by using a Clarity Stencil Brush to lightly apply Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn over the top.
- Adhere die cut to card base.
- I tried various alcohol marker techniques but decided on simple colouring using four shades of purple. Instead of applying all the colours to each petal to add shading I simply coloured each petal of the magnolia a different shade.
- I then cut the coloured image out with my Scan n Cut machine but you could just as easily fussy cut it.
- I used glue dots to adhere the magnolias to the prepared cardbase.
- I printed the digital sentiment out onto cardstock using my B & W Laser printer. This means I can apply foil to the sentiment as the foil will stick to the black toner of the printed sentiment.
- I simply ran it through my Mini Minc machine and it turned out perfectly.
- I cut the sentiment out, keeping a small border to match the border around the magnolias and adhered it to the cardbase with adhesive backed craft foam.
- To add the sparkle I adhered diamante embellishments in shades of purple and Wink of Stella glitter brush to the outer most petals of each flower.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
3 thoughts on “The Flower Challenge #47 – Add Sparkle”
Gorgeous card and I love the purple with the lime green. The sparkle also adds a pretty touch! Great job and thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!
Your dotty background in green is perfect for your gorgeous flower done in four different purple hues, Pip! I love the words and shine of the sediment, too! Thank you for adding schparkle to The Flower Challenge! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell GD
What a beautiful card Pip – I love it – the purples against the green are stunning
LikeLiked by 1 person