I am entering this card in The Flower Challenge #47. It’s tricky to photograph sparkle so scroll down to the close up photos to get a better idea.
- Rachel Vass Design – Magnolia Background digital stamp
- Altenew – Doodled Dots cover die
- Copic Markers – RV10, RV63, V05, RV66, E55, E53, E57, G05
- Green Foil
- Wink of Stella clear sparkle
- Diamantes in three shades of purple
- Die cut green cardstock with cover die.
- The green cardstock was a bit bright so I toned it down by using a Clarity Stencil Brush to lightly apply Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn over the top.
- Adhere die cut to card base.
- I tried various alcohol marker techniques but decided on simple colouring using four shades of purple. Instead of applying all the colours to each petal to add shading I simply coloured each petal of the magnolia a different shade.
- I then cut the coloured image out with my Scan n Cut machine but you could just as easily fussy cut it.
- I used glue dots to adhere the magnolias to the prepared cardbase.
- I printed the digital sentiment out onto cardstock using my B & W Laser printer. This means I can apply foil to the sentiment as the foil will stick to the black toner of the printed sentiment.
- I simply ran it through my Mini Minc machine and it turned out perfectly.
- I cut the sentiment out, keeping a small border to match the border around the magnolias and adhered it to the cardbase with adhesive backed craft foam.
- To add the sparkle I adhered diamante embellishments in shades of purple and Wink of Stella glitter brush to the outer most petals of each flower.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.