I am entering this card in the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge – #447. I love the images from Lily of the Valley so I chose this winter themed one to colour with copics. I had some many ideas to include in this card and I love how it turned out.
- Lily of the Valley Thoroughly Modern Misses digital stamp
- Mama Elephant – Puffy Holiday Greetings stamp set
- Lil Inker A christmas stamp set (not sure of the name)
- Other products used
- Distress Oxide Inks – Victorian Velvet, Milled Lavender and Pumice Stone
- Copic Markers
- Miscellaneous sequins
- Pearl glitter paper
- Micro Beads
- I wanted the colours to be subtle for the background so I ink blended three distress oxide inks over bristol smooth cardstock for the top layer. For the back layer I just used Victorian Velvet and Milled Lavender.
- I wanted the top layer to have a little bit of texture without any bulk so I selected some snowflakes from Brother CanvasWorkspace and using my Scan n Cut machine and the paper piercing kit I pierced the background. Super cute and easy so I’ll be doing more of this in the future.
- I cut a strip of the top layer away and adhered the front panels to a piece of acetate the same size as my cardbase.
- I stamped snowflakes onto the acetate using White Staz On ink.
- Turning the cardbase over and working on the back of the top layer, I stuck foam tape around the acetate opening and out to the edge of the card making sure I didn’t have any gaps in the tape around the acetate (otherwise you’ll lose your filling). Using a mixed variety of sequins and stars, placing them on the acetate. I then removed the backing paper from the foam tape and adhered the back layer to the front panel.
- I adhered two strips of pearl glitter paper to the top and bottom of the cardfront.
- I stamped two of the bubble sentiments onto cardstock with the Milled Lavender and Victorian Velvet and fussy cut them with a small border.
- The image was adhered with glue dots to raised it slightly off the background.
- A few sequins were adhered with glossy accents and as the glossy accents had come up through the centre of the sequin I dropped a few micro beads that matched the colour scheme perfectly in the centre of each of the sequins.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.