Hi again everyone. This month AAA Birthday has another great challenge to get your juices flowing. Get creative with Balloons & Banners – you can use both on your card of just one. Come along to the AAA Birthday blog and see what the Design Team has created and a special welcome to Maaike.
- Concord & 9th Birthday Stacks stamp set and dies
- Uniti No Probalama glitter paper
- DMC Pearl Cotton
- Alcohol Markers
- Coloured vellum
- Signo White Gel Pen
- I love the banners from this stamp set. Originally I was going to die cut them out and pop them up but decided against that and added dimension with the coloured string and the sentiment instead.
- As I stamped the banners I varied the placement so the patterns on the banners were a more random order.
- The colouring was very simple – when in doubt use the rainbow. I simply selected two shades of each colour. Starting with the lighter shade I coloured selected banners in rainbow order, making sure I started colouring each row of banners with a different colour so there was variety across the card.
- With the darker shade of each colour I coloured portions of the corresponding banners to enhance the patterns.
- The final step of the colouring was to add a 3D look by placing a grey line to the right side of the banner. I used two shades of grey (see close up photo below).
I found the perfect rainbow glitter paper to peak out from behind the cardbase.
The final step for the background was selecting rainbow shades in solid colour DMC Cotton for the strings. This was adhered with Glossy Accents.
- In the Birthday Stacks die set there is a die that cuts out CELEBRATE. I cut this out of the offcuts of the rainbow glitter paper.
- The flag tag was simply cut out of blue coloured vellum and adhered to white cardstock , cut in the same shape.
- Celebrate was adhered to the vellum tag with Glossy Accents and popped up with
I really love how super bright this card looks and I hope this has inspired you to join the AAA Birthday Challenge for this month. Looking forward to seeing your creations,
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.