Hi everyone, it’s time for the September 2019 challenge at AAA Birthday. Come along and visit our blog and see what the Design Team has created and a special welcome to Rachelle as this months Guest Designer.
This months challenge theme is Use a Stencil and I had recently purchased some awesome stencils from Funky Fossil Designs. The only problem was deciding which one to use but this floral stencil called out to me.
- Funky Fossil Designs Petal Burst Stencil
- Taylored Expressions Sweet Die
- Shimmer cardstock in Peach
- Colour Liquitex Matte Gel with Distress Oxide Inks – Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold.
- Spread gel over stencil with a spatula, overlapping the three colours slightly.
- Peel back stencil carefully and leave to dry.
- I really like how the matte gel looks over the shimmer cardstock.
- Ink blended the three Distress Oxide ink colours used for for the stencil over Strathmore Bristol Cardstock and cut out Sweet word die.
- I scanned the die cut with my Scanncut and created an offset cutting file to create the shadow background. You could also do this my hand. I cut this out of Moonstone vellum. Adhere the die cut to the vellum with Glossy Accents.
- Hugs and Kisses was stamped using the Mama Elephant Occasional Labels stamp set.
- I tossed up whether to add embellishments but decided on a single enamel dot to the centre of the flower.
I really love how this card turned out and I hope this has inspired you to join the AAA Birthday Challenge for this month. Looking forward to seeing your creations,
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.