I’m very excited to announce I am joining the Design Team at AAA Birthday Challenge. I still can’t quite believe I was selected and they have an amazing team of designers to give you inspiration for each monthly challenge. There is still time to play along with the June Challenge “Use Water Colours”.
This months challenge is Using Watercolours so I had a play with some metallic watercolours and Inktense Pencils which you can use like watercolours.
- Washed Gansai Tambi Blue Gold over a sheet of textured paper.
Images and Background
- Mouse image from Penny Black Critter Love.
- Coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils which act like watercolours but when dry are permanent.
- Mice – Willow 1900, Baked Earth 1800 and Cherry 0510
- Moon – Iris Blue 0900 and Bright Blue 1000
- Heart – Cherry 0510
- Using Bright Blue Inktense Pencil I washed colour over a piece of cardstock and dried it with a heat gun.
- Washed Gamsai Tambi White Gold over the top of the blue and dried it again.
- Die cut using the stars from the My Favorite Things Tag Builder Blueprint 6 set.
- Using the Cherry Inktense Pencil washed a small amount over a piece of cardstock and dried it.
- Washed Gamsai Tambi White Gold over the top of the red and dried it again.
- Die cut with the larger heart from the My Favorite Things Tag Builder Blueprint 6 set.
- I ended up adding some more of the Cherry colour over the top of the white gold to add a bit more depth of colour.
- Using the left over blue coloured cardstock from the stars I stamped Birthday Hugs from the My Favorite Things Label Maker Sentiments with Delicata Golden Glitz Ink.
- I used my Mini Misti to do the stamping so I could stamp 3 times to build up the golden ink colour.
- I decided I didn’t want to but down the background to make a normal size card so I make it into an A5 size. Simply folded A4 cardstock in half.
- To add a it more interest behind the main panel I cut down some gold patterned vellum from Rosies Vellum and Foil paper pack.
- I wanted different layers of dimension on the card so I adhered the stars with Multi Matt Medium directly to the background. The star and mice were adhered with 1mm thick adhesive foam pads and the sentiment with thicker foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.