Hi Everyone, it’s time for the July 2019 challenge at AAA Birthday. Come along and visit our blog and see what the Design Team has created and a special welcome to Michelle Lupton as this months Guest Designer.
This months challenge theme is For the Girls and what could be more girly than a pretty queen. As soon as I saw this digital stamp I knew I wanted to use the paper piecing technique and I had the perfect paper packs from Sunny Studio Stamps (see section Dress below).
- Print out A Day for Daisies digi stamp Fairy Queen Violet onto copic friendly card stock.
- Wings – Copics B00, BG000, BV000 and Prismacolor pencil PC1026
- Skin – Copics E000, E00, E02, E04, RV21
- Hair – Copics E11, E15, E18
- Crown – Kaisercraft Purple gel pen
- Paper piecing using four different patterns from the Gingham and Dots and Stripes pastel paper packs by Sunny Studio Stamps.
- Print image onto four paper sheets and hand cut out individual layers.
- Before adhering dress layers add some shading with Prismacolor pencils
- PC995 Mulberrry, PC994 Process Red, PC1014 Deco Pink
- Print out another image onto copy paper or masking paper and cut out image. Adhere mask over image (use temporary adhesive if using copy paper as the mask).
- Sponge a light layer of Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade to background then place flower stencil on top. Sponge Distress Oxide Twisted Citreon over stencil.
- Stamp Happy Birthday from the Mama Elephant – Occasional Labels stamp set using Versafine Clair Ink in Acorn. I used this rich brown to tie in with hair colour.
I hope this has inspired you to join the AAA Birthday Challenge for this month. Looking forward to seeing your creations,
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
5 thoughts on “Game #3 For the Girls”
Great technique and wonderfully executet! It’s such a pretty card! x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Finally worked it out Pip! Gorgeous lady and colours, love this card! I guessed it was paper pieced but wondered how you made it look so seamless – now I know it was the added shading. Fabulous tip that I will surely be putting to good use. xx
You’re so sweet Jane 🤗
Gorgeous card and such a lovely paper piecing, hugs XoX
Thanks Alli. Love it when a card turns out like I planned it 😉. xxx