How did February fly past so quickly! It time for our March challenge – get out your patterned paper and play.
Congratulations to our guest designer for March – Colien. Pop over to the AAA Birthday blog to see what Colien has designed for her guest spot and be inspired by the rest of the Design Team cards.
I’ve had a 12 x 12 sheet of double sided patterned paper that I’ve had in my stash for a while that is so pretty…of course that makes it hard to actually use. I had coloured the image earlier in the year and it was the perfect complement to the paper.
- Carta Bella – Garden Floral patterned paper
- Mama Elephant – Little Agenda Frames die
- Colorado Craft Company – Birthday Wishing stamp set
- Copic Alcohol markers
- Sequin mix, acetate, foam adhesive tape
- I used the frames die to cut out portions of the patterned paper using both sides of the paper – the “B” side is a lovely subtle pink stripe.
- The outside frame is adhered directly to the background and the inside part of the frame is popped up with foam adhesive tape.
- I wanted to make three of the frames little shakers so I cut extra frames out of cardstock and glued them together. I adhered a small rectangle of acetate on the top of the stacked frames, and then adhered the patterned paper on top of this (here I used double sided tape rather than glue).
- Turn the stacked frame over so you can pour your shaker mix into the small well created by the frames. I made my own mix using small beads, sequin shapes and a bit of glitter. Then I carefully placed another piece of acetate over this mix thereby encasing the mix within the frame. Then adhere to the card base.
- The mice carrying the present are coloured very simply and cut out with my Brother Scan n Cut. I was experimenting with how to cut out the inside portion of a scanned image – the gap between the mice and the inside of the tail. I think it worked out pretty great.
- Again, I used my Brother Scan n Cut to cut around the stamped sentiment from the same stamp set as the mice. The cardstock I used is watercolour paper and I matched the colours of the patterned paper with my watercolours.
- All I had to do to finish was adhere the mice and sentiment to the front.
I hope you’ve been inspired to join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.