Over at The Library Challenge the current challenge is to pick any book cover from the last three years and using the cover, title or story of a selected book as inspiration. I used the colour scheme (red, white, blue and gold) and the stars as my inspiration.
- Avery Elle Floating Wishes stamp and die set
- Concord & 9th Happy Balloons stamp and die set
- Mama Elephant Occasional Labels stamp set
- Whimsy Stamps Twinkle Clusters stencil
- Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste
- Gansai Tambi Red Gold paint
- Delicata White ink
- Daniel Smith Watercolours
- Altenew watercolour paper pad
- Ranger Fine detail white embossing powder
- Watercolour background and leave to dry.
- Paint gold onto cardstock and when dry stamp star from Avery Elle stamp set onto it with VersaMark ink, sprinkle white embossing powder over and heat set with heat tool. Cut out with matching die.
- Stamp “Wish Big” onto background in VersaMark ink, sprinkle white embossing powder over and heat set with heat tool.
- Die cut star tassel with die from the Concord and 9th set from red glitter cardstock.
- Place stencil on background and spread texture paste over the stars in three places over the background. I turned the stencil each time to vary the layout of the stars. Leave to dry.
- Once texture paste is dry I added Delicata white ink over the top of the stars by replacing the stencil over the stars and sponging ink onto the dried paste.
- The sentiments are stamped in ink and cut out with a small white border.
- Adhere the tassel (glued), the star (glue dot) and the two sentiments (foam tape) onto the cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.