This is my entry for current The Card Concept challenge. I decided to try a Mixed Media style after watching some YouTube videos by Creations CeeCee and incorporated texture paste, watercolour and doodling. I was inspired by the baubles, the colour scheme (Is that navy in one of the candles?) and the filigree pattern. I also included the hand doodling to mimic the beads draped around the based of the candles.
- Gansai Tambi Watercolours Nos 67, 20, 47, white gold and red gold
- Canson XL Watercolour paper
- Da Vinci No 12 Brush
- Distress Oxide Tattered Rose ink
- Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste
- Kaisercraft Flourish Tree stencil
- Sunny Studio Stamps Retro Ornaments stamp set
- Delicata Golden Glitz ink
- Graphik Black Line Marker 0.2
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Loosely watercolour circles onto watercolour paper. I used the navy and dark grey as a base and then dropped in red gold and white gold respectively. I set aside this aside to dry naturally or you could dry with a heat gun.
- Once dry I mixed some Tattered Rose oxide ink with the modeling paste and spread over the stencil randomly in four places on the background. Once again I set aside to dry.
- Make sure everything is completely dry and start doodling. I did this in three places on the card making sure I doodled onto the baubles as well as the blank background.
- I hand drew the bauble strings and then decided to make each string look different.
- The final detail was the sentiment which I stamped in Golden Glitz Delicata ink. I used my stamping platform so I could stamp multiple times to build up the glorious golden colour.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.
3 thoughts on “Challenge Card – The Card Concept #145”
What a fabulous Mixed Media card! Love your ornaments and we are so thankful that you were able to share with us at The Card Concept and we hope you can join us again soon! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
This is so beautiful and artsy, love it! xoxo
Thanks so much ❤️