Goodness, it’s March already and time for a new challenge at AAA Birthday. This month we want FLOWERS. Hop on over to the AAA Birthday blog and see what the Design Team have created and a special welcome to Dhruvika as this months guest designer…she had created a fabulous card this month.
- Altenew Inked Rose
- Copic Markers
- We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill Freestyle Pens
- Ranger Embossing Powder Gold
- Stamp images onto card base with copic friendly ink – I use Momento Tuxedo Black
- Stamp an extra rose onto a separate piece of cardstock.
- Colour background around images in one shade of blue – I used BG02.
- Colour the image as desired. I used R00, R02, R05 alcohol markers.
- I used the Foil Quill Freestyle Pens to add the foil but you can use any technique that works with your supplies to apply the foil. I kept the sketchy look when applying the foil to match the style of the stamp.
- Fussy cut rose and adhere with dimensional foam on top of stamped rose on cardbase.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment onto a piece of coloured vellum with Versamark and sprinkle Gold embossing powder over sentiment.
- Heat set with your preferred heat tool.
- I hand drew gold ink dots around the outside of the rose to add a third layer of the gold
- Top layer – sentiment
- Middle layer – foil on rose
- Bottom layer – dots
- Fold the vellum strip around the background and adhere at the back with tape.
- Adhere to a pre-prepared cardstock base.
I hope you’ve been inspired to get flowery and join us in this months challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.