I’m going to make sure I play along more with The Male Room card challenges as I find masculine cards a bit tricky to put together. Surprisingly this one was pretty straight forward…phew! This fortnights challenge is multiple layers. I based the colour scheme on the background cloud patterned paper.
I had purchased a card making magazine last month which had a super large stamp set with awesome images so I knew this was going to be perfect for this challenge.
- I stamped the sign and scooter onto Clairefontaine Paint’ON Naturel coloured cardstock as had decided to use Prismacolor pencils for my colouring.
- Sign – PC929, PC944
- Scooter – PC904, PC906, PC903, PC1056, PC1054, PC1051 plus a bit of black and white.
- I went over some of the black lines of the scooter and the words on the sign with a Sakura Black Pen as they had been dulled a bit by the coloured pencil.
- I cut down Crafters Choice patterned paper and stamped the two balloons onto the paper using Versafine Onyx Black. I used a Mini Misti to stamp and left the stamps in the Misti as I knew I wanted to stamp it again once the colouring had been done.
- I used Prismcolour pencils as they layer well over patterned paper.
- Red Balloon – PC924, PC925, PC926 plus PC908 for the shading.
- Teal Balloon – PC905, PC992, PC1006 plus PC922 for shading.
- I used two of the Mama Elephant – Kingdom Trio die edges for the two back layers and My Favorite Things Surf and Turf die edges for the front layer. I cut the front layer twice – once out of soft teal foil cardstock to add a small edge and the front out of coordinated patterned paper from the same pack as the background.
- As I also wanted to layer a few of the clouds I used my Brother Scanncut to cut out some out of extra patterned paper and simple popped them up with dimensional foam.
- The Tim Holtz Thinlets Alphanumeric Label alphabet is the perfect size for this card and placing Happy Birthday along the curve of the front layer finishes off the card.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.